About Me

My photo
Hagerstown, MD, United States

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dive today at Mt. Storm









Jeff m. and I went to Mt.Storm today to work on skills and drills. When we arrived at the stained glass restaraunt it '0', a little cold. We ate breakfast,and hung out enjoying the warmth. But, we had come to dive, so it was off to the lake. When we arrived at the lake it had warmed up to '3', not a big improvement. We geard up quickly so we could get into the relatively warmer water,'53' at the surface. When I tried to inflate my BC I found that the inflator was frozen. After sitting underwater for a few moments it started working. We hit all the platforms, and practiced slills,it was '43' at 90'. We had a 1:10 dive, and I finally figured out how to do a valve drill in my dry suit. When we got out it had warmed up to '13', luckilythere was only a slight breeze, wind would have been brutal. Our gear had frozen by the time we got to the truck, Getting a frozen dry suit off is interesting. We had to leave our gear together, it was frozen, and we couldn,t get it apart. Still it was a good dive.

No comments:

Followers