About Me

My photo
Hagerstown, MD, United States

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Texas!

Well I left Apple Valley around 09:00 Wednesday morning. I was hoping to make it to Deming New Mexico, but the president came to Tucson so I had to make a detour. This cost me some time, and it started to get dark. So I turned around and back tracked 30 miles to Cochise county airport, in Wilcox Arizona. Luckily the manager lived on site, there is no taxi service in Wilcox, population 3000. But, the manager ran me in to a motel, and picked up this morning. He also helped me get the plane started this morning. I flew a short leg to Deming and got fuel, I didn't need a lot, but I needed full tanks for the next leg to winkler county airport, near Odessa Texas. At this point it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to make Burleson before dark, so I decided to stop at Big Springs for the night. I called the teminal in the air and ask about motels. She told me she would leave a key to the terminal in a lockbox, and gave me the combo. She also said they had a courtesy car, and she would leave a key and the paperwork on the counter. So, just come on in to the terminal, she was going home, take the car keys and go to a motel. Oh, be sure to return tomorrow! I have found everyone at the airports to be helpful, and friendly. I have a 3 hour flight to burleson, so I'm going to sleep in.

No comments:

Followers